Monday, May 24, 2010

Sweet Summer


So, I'm on lunch right now and for my first night back from vacation I thought I would spend it out in lawn and garden. What a beautiful night for it! Sure it is humid in Nebraska already, but its not bothering me a bit! I've been thinking the last several days about my year so far...time does that to you when I'm about to round my foot reinjury milestone. Its got me thinking about everything that I've made myself go back to doing and how much happier I am because of it. This time last year I wasn't listening to my doctor properly and broke the 5 inch titanium pin in my right ankle. How does one do that? Well my mom will tell you that is because I was wasting my talent and as soon as we found out another surgery was in the works she reminded me of it.

Well she was right. I was wasting it and as the anniversary rolls around I am thankful for being able to do so many things that I couldn't accomplish last year. I finished a long going project that inspired something very new fresh and quite frankly is probably the best thing I've ever written. It allowed me to share things with others out there and to learn I am not alone in the publishing process. It may sound silly to most, but I absolutely LOVE that I can finally ice skate again!!! I look weird and my old control isn't there, but to a person who has played hockey since they were four, this milestone is important.

Thank you everyone who has supported me past and present as for the reminder of this year and many years to come I will work to become the best author I know how to be!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are able to do some things you enjoy again. And, working to become the best you know how to be is a great goal. I think I'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very inspiring- I wanted to follow you after I read your bio paragraph- vampire baseball?? Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Marquita! I'll try to keep it that way as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete